Choosing the best website hosting checklist
- make a list with trustworthy web host companies that you want to check - you can use ours from the above table.
- web hosting location - you would want UK/Europe-based data center(much faster data delivery) and UK/Europe English speaking in-house support (they are in your time zone and can solve your problems faster)
- website hosting speed - speed is everything. The faster the site, more traffic and conversions and more income to your business. That's why you need local hosting, and test their Ping and page speed load time, Google recommends server response time under 200ms. Website Speed is a ranking factor as well.
- support - one of the most important features. If the hosting company has good hardware, your site either works good or it does not at all. And if the second happens you want to be able to reach someone with competence that is able to solve your problem. In-house UK support by sysadmins with live chat or phone is the best. Response times are very important as well, since every minute your site is down you lose money, traffic and potentially search positions.
- web host security - do they provide isolated accounts, firewalls and auto updates of CMS like WordPress and Joomla
- data backup - everything happens. Your data is the most important part of your business and you can accidentally delete something or get infected by a virus. Your web hosting service needs to have a backup!
- read web hosting reviews by experts (you can grasp the insight from people with experience, but keep in mind that they also are affiliated with the hosting providers, so don't take the review 100%)
- read reviews by customers - browse the web and find customer reviews of the chosen web host company. Also, don't trust that 100% since there are paid reviews and there are hate reviews.
Top UK web hosting reviews
Our experts have compared the best web hosting providers in the UK for 2018. Read the best UK web hosting reviews and choose the most reliable web hosting company.
There are different kinds of website hosting services depending on your needs. That's why we are trying to constantly improve our reviews with new more needs based comparison charts. The general UK web hosting providers are in the table above.
Here is the list of the best 5 WordPress hosting services. More specific reviews will be coming soon on the cheap website hosting companies, Joomla web host providers and list of the free website hosting services in the UK.
In our blog section we have for you some basic advice on how to pick the best web hosting for your business, what hosting solution will suit you, the basics that you should know when managing your hosting account and more advice and tips, so make sure you check frequently and stay up to date with the news from the web hosting world.
Visit our Google+ profile or Facebook page to ask any questions. If you are simply a non-technical person, the cheapest and fastest way to make your own website is to choose the best website builder on the market and build it.
Our experts have compared the best web hosting providers in the UK for 2018. Read the best UK web hosting reviews and choose the most reliable website hosting company.
We have a lot of questios on our e-mail if hosting an e-shop is different than hosting a normal blog or info site. And the answer is Yes.
Online stores usually have a lot of products and some of their pages are not cached by the server. That is why they use much more resources than a normal site.
Also speed here reflects on the conversions. That is why e-commerce platforms use special features like Redis (database cache) and Varnish (front-end cache).
You need to make sure the website host suports those.
Magento is currently the most professional and widespred e-commerce CMS so we have made a special page that covers all you need to know to choose the best Magento hosting.